CSC Annual Conference
CSC Conference 2019: 30 years on from the Child Rights Convention
Monday, 11th November 2019
30 YEARS ON FROM THE CHILD RIGHTS CONVENTION: WHERE ARE WE ON STREET CHILDREN’S RIGHTS?
30 years on from the Child Rights Convention and 2 years after General Comment N.21 on Children in Street Situations, street children around the world are still being denied their rights. Join us to discuss the progress made and hear about innovative solutions aimed at securing legal rights, protections and opportunities for street children.
FREE for CSC Network Members!
Baker McKenzie LLP
100 New Bridge Street
NGOs and academics = £32.93
Corporates and other individuals = £54.49
Students = £11.37
Remote participation = Free
- Panel discussion on how far governments have gone to implement the CRC and how this is monitored around the world
- Panel discussion exploring what meaningful child participation looks like
- Breakout sessions and workshops on:
- Using international advocacy mechanisms to achieve change for street children
- Using strategic litigation to achieve change for street children
- Working with governments to achieve change for street children
- Transformative story-work with children and young people
- The Legal Atlas for Street Children
- Promoting street children’s voices in large scale data collection
A full agenda will be shared upon registration, and lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The event will be followed by networking and drinks, with additional opportunities to network throughout the day.
Remote participation is also available for this event, please select this option when registering if you would like to receive details for joining remotely.
Please contact Jessica Clark on email@example.com if you have any questions.