Jobs and opportunities
Work with us
We are a small team, combining our expertise to unite the street child sector and deliver the big changes needed to ensure street children’s rights everywhere are respected and protected.
If you are ready for a challenge that will transform the lives of the most overlooked children in the world, get in touch.
Internships and Volunteering
Legal and Advocacy Intern
As a Legal and Advocacy Intern at Consortium for Street Children (CSC), you will help us to raise awareness and create change for street-connected children around the world so that they are able to access the same rights owed to every other child. You will support the Advocacy and Research team to promote the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child’s authoritative guidance about the rights of street children, the General Comment on Children in Street Situations, at the international, regional, national and local levels.
- Starting date: Preferably 1st March 2021.
- Working hours: flexible in-line with the selected candidate’s availability and commitments.
- Location: Home-working. This may transition to working from CSC’s offices in Bethnal Green when current COVID-19 restrictions are relaxed.
- Expenses: this is an unpaid volunteering development opportunity. Expenses will be reimbursed to a flat rate of £20 per day.
- Reporting: direct reporting to the Legal and Advocacy Officer.
- Duration: six months preferred but flexible.
To apply for this role, please send the following to Lucy Halton, Legal and Advocacy Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your CV (max. 2 pages);
- A cover letter outlining why you are suitable for the internship (max. 1 page). To assist you in drafting this letter, please refer to the above person specification, addressing all elements.
The deadline for applications to be received is 23:59 (GMT) on 29th January 2021. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
For all positions please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your experience matches the job requirements to email@example.com
Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are only able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted.