Jobs and opportunities
Work with us
We are a small team, combining our expertise to unite the street child sector and deliver the big changes needed to ensure street children’s rights everywhere are respected and protected.
If you are ready for a challenge that will transform the lives of the most overlooked children in the world, get in touch.
Senior Legal and Advocacy Officer
This exciting role is mission-critical for the Consortium for Street Children. The Senior Legal and Advocacy Officer will have the opportunity to make a significant difference to the lives of many children living in street situations through the organisation’s advocacy agenda. It is a flexible role with a dynamic team. Our office is London based; and while we really value face to face time with each other, most team members have a hybrid working pattern.
Our advocacy goal is to close the gap between the rights afforded to street-connected children by the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child (and specifically General Comment 21 on the rights of children in street situations) and their lived realities on the street. We do this both by advocating directly with appropriate UN agencies and structures for the rights of street-connected children, and also by supporting locally-led action and accountability, through training, capacity building and technical
support to CSC network members. CSC promotes and supports child-led advocacy where children develop and deliver advocacy activities that are of major interest to them, and adults support them to carry out the advocacy.
- Reporting: Director of Programmes: Partnerships, Advocacy and Learning (from 1 Jan 2024; the postholder will report to the CSC CLARISSA project lead before then).
- Working hours: Part time: between 3-4 days a week
- Salary: £30,900 to £37,080 (pro-rata) depending on experience
- Annual leave: 25 days + Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
- Pension: Employer contribution of 5% of gross salary
- Location: CSC’s offices at the Green House, St Margaret’s House 15 Old Ford Road, Bethnal Green E2 9PJ. Hybrid working is available.
- Duration: One year
How to apply
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Legal and Advocacy Officer”. We will process CVs as they come in and this recruitment will close on the 30th September.
- Your CV (no more than two sides of A4)
- A cover letter (no more than two sides of A4).
- Details for two references including their name, role, relationship to you email address, and telephone number.
Please note you must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Diversity and Inclusion
We are committed to having varied perspectives and welcoming all forms of diversity; we know that will bring power to our purpose and ensure our work has the impact we desire. As a result, we actively encourage a diverse range of candidates to apply for roles with CSC, ensuring our work reflects a range of different cultures, approaches, and thinking styles including but not limited to diversity in age, ethnicity, gender identity and sexual orientation, life experience, physical and mental ability.
For all positions please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your experience matches the job requirements to email@example.com
Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are only able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted.