Jobs and opportunities
Work with us
We are a small team, combining our expertise to unite the street child sector and deliver the big changes needed to ensure street children’s rights everywhere are respected and protected.
If you are ready for a challenge that will transform the lives of the most overlooked children in the world, get in touch.
Head of Finance and Operations
- Working Hours: 3 days a week (4 days per week could be considered for the ideal candidate)
- Salary: In the range of £40,000 annual pro rata (approx. 24K for 3 days per week)
- Permanent Contract
- 25 days annual leave per year (pro rata).
- Employer contributions to pension fund of 5% of gross salary
- Location: Central London at CSC’s office in Bethnal Green
- Member of the Senior Management Team. Reports directly to the CEO
The Head of Finance and Operations is a key role for our organisation, ensuring financial integrity in line with all legal and industry standards, and professionally managing all operational aspects of the organisation. The Head of Finance and Operations also supports the board in executing its Governance oversight.
The Head of Finance and Operations is proactive, identifying issues and challenges ahead of time and proposing solutions to ensure the effective and smooth running of the organisation. They will be able to prioritise and manage a varied workload, and have a flexible, ‘can do’ attitude. With superb interpersonal and communication skills, as a Senior Manager they will be able to adapt their style to deal with a diverse international network when required.
Volunteering and Internships
As Research Intern you will support our ambition to conduct and share high quality research on street-connected children, including supporting the delivery of a street child conference, keeping the Global Resource Centre up-to-date and contributing to Consortium for Street Children’s research priorities.
- Working hours: Part-time (2-4 days per week) flexible timing
- Salary: This is an unpaid volunteering opportunity. Expenses reimbursed to a flat rate of £20 per day.
- Location: CSC’s offices in Bethnal Green, London
- Duration: Six months preferred but flexible.
Events Management Internship
As an Events Management Intern you will help out with our important upcoming end of year events in order to make them as successful as possible. From sorting out catering, invitations, advertising prior to the events, to it running smoothly on the day, you will have the opportunity to support on a range of tasks. We are looking for an organised, enthusiastic and creative person who would like to join our team.
- Working hours: part-time (2-3 days per week), flexible hours
- Location: CSC’s offices in Bethnal Green, London E2
- Expenses: This is an unpaid volunteering opportunity. Expenses reimbursed to a flat rate of £20 per day
- Duration:From September to December 2019 (possible extension to February 2020)
Volunteer Operations and Finance Assistant
Are you a retired secretary or finance officer? Have you just graduated from college in business and are looking for some experience in office management? We are looking for an organized, dynamic person who would like to volunteer their skills for a great charity. You will provide administrative support to both the Finance and Operations Manager, and the overall team where requested. This will include: organisation of events, finance and operations administration, room bookings, minute taking, helping staff planning across work streams, human resources administration, liaising and building relationships both internally and externally.
- Volunteering Hours: One, two or three days per week, 9:30 – 5:30
- Location: Bethnal Green at CSC’s office