Jobs and opportunities
Work with us
We are a small team, combining our expertise to unite the street child sector and deliver the big changes needed to ensure street children’s rights everywhere are respected and protected.
If you are ready for a challenge that will transform the lives of the most overlooked children in the world, get in touch.
There are currently no vacancies
Internships and Volunteering
There are currently no internship vacancies
Call for Consultant: Developing a child-friendly booklet for street children on how to stay safe during the COVID-19 pandemic
CSC is looking to hire a consultant to develop the text/script for a child-friendly, illustrated booklet for street-connected children on how to stay safe during the Covid-19 pandemic. The booklet will provide street-connected children with information on how they can stay safe during the pandemic, presented in a mostly visual way with some explanatory text so that it is as accessible as possible. No illustration or design skills are required. CSC will hire an illustrator/designer for this purpose.
Tasks / deliverables:
- Review the report sent to the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child by CSC on
the impacts of Covid-19 on street-connected children, and other relevant documents
which illustrate the unique vulnerabilities of street-connected children during the
- Review guidance published by the WHO and other public health organisations on
Covid-19 and how to stay safe.
- Consult and seek inputs from CSC members and CSC staff on how
street-connected children can stay safe during the pandemic.
- Develop a draft script (an overview of what illustrations should show and how the
text should accompany them) for the booklet and present it to CSC, members, and
selected experts for review.
- Revise the draft script based on inputs from CSC, members, and selected experts.
- Revise illustrated publication
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- A good understanding of the lives, vulnerabilities and needs of street-connected
- Demonstrable experience developing child-friendly publications
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Ability to keep strict deadlines
- Availability for the time-period specified.
CSC would like to publish this guide as soon as possible. The work is envisaged to be completed in the period August – September.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and proposed work plan (max 1 page, including timeframe and budget) to email@example.com with the subject line “Consultant Covid-19 Booklet” by 9th August 2020.
For all positions please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your experience matches the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are only able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted.