Jobs and opportunities
Work with us
We are a small team, combining our expertise to unite the street child sector and deliver the big changes needed to ensure street children’s rights everywhere are respected and protected.
If you are ready for a challenge that will transform the lives of the most overlooked children in the world, get in touch.
There are currently no vacancies
Internships and Volunteering
As Research Intern you will support our ambition to conduct and share high quality research on street-connected children, including supporting the delivery of a street child conference, keeping the Global Resource Centre up-to-date and contributing to Consortium for Street Children’s research priorities.
- Reporting: Research and Evaluation Officer
- Working hours: Part-time (2-4 days per week) flexible timing
- Salary: This is an unpaid volunteering opportunity. Expenses reimbursed at a flat rate of £20 per day.
- Location: Home-based or CSC’s offices in Bethnal Green, London
- Duration: Six months preferred but flexible.
- Support the Research Manager and Research and Evaluation Officer in conducting research related to CSC’s research priorities on street-connected children
- Support data analysis for projects on street children’s rights in Bangladesh and the worst forms of child labour in South Asia
- Assist in the development of a set of indicators to assess progress towards the realization of street children’s rights
- Support analysis of qualitative data capturing street-connected children’s experiences
- Make existing research / literature available and accessible to CSC members
- Update the online Resource Library and internal resource database
- Support fundraising for CSC research activities
- Support the organisation of the CSC street child conference
- Support engagement with the CSC Research Forum.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job
- Provide ad hoc administrative support to the CSC team including minute taking and co-ordination of meetings
- Abide by all CSC Policies, Regulations and Procedures, including our Child Protection Policy and code of conduct.
To apply for this role, please email the following to Shona Macleod, Research and Evaluation Officer, at email@example.com by 7th September 2020:
- Your CV
- A cover letter (no more than two sides of A4)
Interviews will likely take place between 15th and 18th September. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Please note that you must have the legal right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
For all positions please send a CV and covering letter outlining how your experience matches the job requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the job title you are applying for in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are only able to respond to candidates who are shortlisted.